In May 2015, at the occasion of the election of Denise Voss as the association’s new Chairman, ALFI undertook a strategic review which resulted in the “2020 Ambition” paper.
ALFI commits to further enhance Luxembourg’s position as the international fund centre of reference, recognised as open, reliable and innovative by investors, policymakers and industry alike.
Thanks to its progress over the years, Luxembourg can build upon its many strengths. Yet the world is evolving fast and the fund centre’s stakeholders are increasingly demanding. Meeting their expectations is a considerable challenge: it requires above all proving that the industry best serves the interests of investors and the economy.
In order to achieve its ambition, ALFI has set itself five key objectives for the next four years:
- Promote practices that align the interests of investors and industry by helping asset managers ensure that their practices, products and services match their clients’ needs in an era of global, digital distribution;
- Articulate the essential role of investment funds for the global economy by demonstrating how funds help resolve long-term issues of funding pensions, financing innovation and infrastructure, and contribute to growth;
- Connect investors with worldwide market opportunities by continuing to facilitate cross-border fund distribution for the benefit of the global community of investors who wish to participate in economic growth practically anywhere in the world;
- Ensure Luxembourg remains the fund centre of choice for asset managers by offering asset managers the best access to global distribution, deep and competitive talent and servicing infrastructure, outstanding corporate governance, an efficient and effective approval and oversight process, and a clear regulatory and taxation framework;
- Stimulate innovation, research, education and talent development by encouraging academic research related to the investment fund sector, supporting the development of new retail investor technologies and applications with a particular focus on the next generation of investors, as well as expanding professional training programs to broaden and deepen the talent pool for the global fund industry.
Download ALFI 2020 Ambition in English, French or German.
Download the press release in English, French or German.